Sunday, June 29, 2008

Where the Wild things are...

Tuesday morning the kids came running to tell me that there was a deer in the garden. We have been seeing them around lately but never in the garden. Sure enough, here is the proof. Now we just have to pray that he will leave the plants alone (last year a deer ate my friends tomatoes!) and our plants will be safe while we are on vacation. I sent my kids out screaming to scare him away which proved more difficult than one would expect. Hopefully this will be the only time....

Then there are the crows. I have witnessed them taking peanut butter crackers out of the garage. They will sit on the power lines and wait for me to leave. They do return the wrappers usually though so I can at least throw them away. We try to remember to keep the garage door but don't always remember. This is what I saw this week. The annoying things it that they don't eat the ramen! I guess the noodles are too hard or stuck together.
Crows are very talented at opening packages. It is comical that they even get the food considering how much stuff is in the way of the shelves. I guess they know what they want. At least they have cheap taste.

2 comments:

McCain Family said...

Those darn crows! I guess they deserve a little more credit than we humans give them. Just a little though. I hope that deer doesn't eat your plants!

VegasWatkins said...

I guess it is all about give and take! he he he.