Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Day in our Life

Last weekend we participated in the Old Settler's Parade and activities here in town. Aaron, Amanda, Darren and Brit did the 2k walk. The boys and I did the 5K run. AJ ran with me and was insistent on doing it. He loves to go fast and I tried to talk to him about pacing himself but that is hard to do! He did great. We walked for a bit after halfway and then as we were coming down the final stretch we ran down main street and there were tons of people there waiting for the parade to start. He saw a few people from school who cheered him on and then ran so fast I had a hard time keeping up with him!
He was so tired but did great. We finished just under 34 minutes. Justin came in 3rd for his age group and did great too.
There was a raffle after and Amanda won a $25 gift card to Haggen (local grocery store), Brit won some cotton candy and carmel corn and AJ a free pizza! It was great.

Then we hit the parade and had a great time enjoying the community.

My Littlest Guy


School starts in a month. I am excited...but also dreading it. I don't know what I will do without my two oldest helpers all day. Wait, yes I do. I will be spending my day keeping Darren off the table, out of the bread drawer, out of the toilet, away from the street, etc. He is getting into everything and I sometimes am pulling my gray hairs out before noon! Thank goodness for my older children to take him outside to play while I make a meal or take care of something.

We can't keep this kid out of the garden. He picked at least 4 green tomatoes last night while we were working/weeding for FHE activity!
Each night I put Darren down for bed, cover him with a blanket (I know it is hot but I don't want to mess with the routine) give him a kiss and walk out the room. This is what he does after I close the door.

Lately Darren has figured how to climb on things. For a day if I pushed in the chairs and turned the ones on the end around then I could keep him off the table. It took him one day to figure out how to use the chair as a ladder. I guess I will actually have to move the chairs out of the kitchen area. (note: the hissing noise in the background of the 2nd half of video is the pressure canner. 10 quarts of beans from the first picking. not bad.)

6 comments:

McCain Family said...

That video is soooooo funny! I have been wanting to do that with Hayden for a while but just haven't yet. She is always throwing everything out of her crib, but I would like to see it caught on tape. You have inspired me to do it for sure!:)

Nice work on the 5K. That is so exciting for you guys.

Annette said...

Little D tossing the blanket was so funny! I cannot believe his determination to get on the table!! And how did the chair not fall over? You'd better watch out for that one! Looks like you all had a fun weekend.

Phill and Jessica said...

Wow, it looks like you have a family of runners there! A 5K, whewwie!!! That's really great.

Shelly said...

Very cute :) I wish I would have thought to video my babies when I left the room. It was really fun to have you guys here last month. We'll have to get together again soon.

Kristen said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer. What a funny guy your little Darren is!!

VegasWatkins said...

How adorable I love the video idea! what a cutie how can you get upset with that face!!