Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of School

Summer is finally over and the kids started school today. (They have 4 days they have to make up...bummer). The day started earlier than we have been getting up but the kids were up and ready with plenty of time!

Not the greatest pics as I had camera issues this morning. oh well.


Justin had a good day at school but couldn't believe that he had homework today. Nothing too serious but still, it was homework. He is looking so grown up!

And, in no particular order:


Darren wanted so badly to be in all the pictures. He was ready right along with the big kids. A few more years kiddo! You can't leave me too yet. I am not ready for that.

And, the REAL reason for the excitement of going to school? New shoes. I told the kids they couldn't wear them until the first day of school and the extra days they had to wait were torture! I am such a mean mom!

And, we're off!

I LOVED the walk up to school today. I missed that this summer. I really enjoy walking and talking with my kids. I LOVED the 1 on 1 time with my little guy. We had a good day today and he even got a nap! I LOVED the kids coming home from school and telling me about their day. It is going to be a good year.

4 comments:

DJCK incorporated said...

I think the expression is bittersweet--the mixed emotions. However, you have been preparing them all this time to advance and bring back more knowledge, activity and fun. And so it goes. We loved supporting all the bands and teams and projects that school brought.

Andrea said...

Your kids are so great! I love seeing them around they always get so excited to tell me some new trick they've learned.
Walks to school and home are the best. Ours are drives for now but I love hearing all about the day from their perspective.
Adelle, Emmett and I will be at the Ferndale Library on Monday morning at 10:30 for story time if you and Darren want to join us:)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love walking to school with my kids, too. We talk much more!

Ellen said...

I clicked 'next blog' on blogger and randomly found your blog! What a coincidence because I'm from Bellingham and my husband works in Ferndale! Very cute blog and it's nice to find you, neighbor! :)