Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ditsy Mom of the week Award

I thought I was getting my brain back but yesterday I realized it was still gone. I had been running a few errands and was watching the time so I could pick up the papers for Justin's paper route, and pick up my kids from school. We were cutting it close. I was at the grocery store picking up a prescription and a few groceries. We hustled out to the car and I dutifully buckled my kids in their car seats. We got the papers and made it to the school with a few minutes to spare. While visiting with a friend, it suddenly dawned on me that I never put the prescription or groceries in the car! I gathered the kids and hurried back to the store. The cart was gone and guest services didn't have anything. When I mentioned the prescription, the gal said that someone did bring that in but no groceries were to be found. I told her that was fine, I was more worried about the prescription. She asked what groceries I had bought and then told me that they would replace them! "Really!?" I thought that was so nice especially since it was my own dumb fault! Thank you to Haggen to your great customer service and I gladly accept the ditsy mom award. (Although it doesn't top when I made lemon bars and forgot to put the lemon filling in. They turned out to be scrambled egg bars. Ewwww!)

4 comments:

Annette said...

This is the best story!! I loved it and it started my morning great. Good to know that there are others like me! :) Also, I totally love your fam. pic on the header.

Kristen said...

Great story. I think the more kids we have, the worse it gets. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

And I thought it was bad when I left 2 gallons of milk in the bottom of the cart in the Haggen parking lot. That's nothin' compared to you! Ha! :-) Great story.

VegasWatkins said...

How could anyone mess up lemon bars? I am sure no one has ever forgotten to put the sugar in the lemon filling before that would just make them rubbery and gross hypothetically speaking of course. I have paid for food at the drive up window and then driven away without the fodd before. OOPS!