Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How do I fill my days?

My kids often ask me what Amanda and I do during school. Well, sometimes we go to lunch, and I often find reasons to buy treats. We also play with nature. One may not think that this picture of a snail is a big deal but out here in the pacific northwest, we don't have many snails. Slugs, yes. Snails, no. This is the 2nd snail I have seen since moving here 9 years ago.

Aaron found a little tree frog out at the soccer fields. We decided to take him home, found a few more at church the next day and kept them for pets. They didn't last too long because Alex decided it was time to let them go. But, 'hoppy' had a good home while we had him.

Amanda really loves animals so it was nice to have one she could play with. Emms runs away from her all the time.
More to come. It got late fast tonight and I really need a night in bed before midnight.

2 comments:

McCain Family said...

Sounds like fun to me! I like that Alex is the one that wanted to let the frogs go. He's cute. All I have seen here lately are grasshoppers and praying mantis. I don't like them so I won't catch them.:)

Tina said...

The waterski pictures were from this summer. I love my camera, it takes great action shots!
I love the frog idea. Fun stuff.