Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fuse Bead Mania!

The kids have done fuse beads a number of times at friends houses. I had told Amanda I would buy some after she was so brave during her skin test at the allergist. I finally did and holy cow! That bucket of beads provided a weekend of entertainment for the WHOLE family (even Darren who liked to eat the finished products).

Seriously...when I say the WHOLE family, I mean it...including Daddy. My kids just really like to create things.

Here are the finished products. Can you tell which ones are Aaron's?
Bye Bye, EM's

We found out Amanda is allergic to cats, dogs, molds, dust mites, some trees and weeds, oats, barley and milk. Needless to say we have had to make some serious changes over here. She is learning to enjoy tofu soy smoothies and she tried cheese from soy tonight. She is being a great sport and has amazing willpower. We decided it would be best to get rid of our cat so all the kids took a picture with her to remember her always. I am not use to her being gone yet but know she is getting more love and attention with her new family.


Morning at the park

November has flown by and we have been staying pretty busy. Not too much to post but here are some fun highlights. Last weekend we attended a geocaching event at a nearby lake. It was a beautiful day so it was nice to get outside. We forgot the camera in the car but have a few pictures from others.

We were able to get a FTF on one of the new caches. Justin is showing the prize.

I asked the kids if they had a good time. All responded affirmative...except Alex. He said, "It was fun except for the geocaching." Oh well. I think he would rather run around, climb rocks and hills, throw things into the water, feed the ducks and get dirty. He just hasn't made the connection between the two things yet.

Darren slept for most of the hike and I was so glad to have the backpack, no wind or rain. Great day with the family.

2 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

So sorry about the allergies - how did they know to test barley? I know that's not one of the top 8. I guess a lot of cereals are out for you. Milk is in everything, I would struggle with a dairy allergy - it's all Mia eats! Good luck to you.

4eatons said...

Those beads last forever... and get lost in the carpeting so easily! Very creative projects. Sorry about all of the allergies. What a tough thing getting rid of the cat. good luck!