Thursday, September 24, 2009

We have hardly done anything lately

Since Candace's last post on August 12 we have:
  1. Gone camping, fishing, swimming near Leavenworth on Aug 13-15 with our friends the Pringles.
  2. Gone to the NW Washington State Fair and got our yearly allotment of wonderfully greasy food.
  3. I took the boy scouts camping hiking up near Mt. Baker on August 21st.
  4. Went tubing with friends on Lake Samish
  5. Canned 30+ quarts of tomatoes from our garden
  6. Canned 28 pints of salsa from our garden.
  7. Started soccer practice and I am coaching Brittany's team this year.
  8. Attended a great party to wrap up the Trek experience at a gorgeous home in Skagit County. (I was the trailboss this time)
  9. Started both elementary and middle school, but no preschool!
  10. Got our house ready and put it on the market.
  11. Kept our house clean and ready to show at a moments notice
  12. Attended open houses and curriculum nights for 4 different students.
  13. Built and launched rockets at the high school.
  14. I took the boy scouts camping on Sucia Island on Sept 18-19. My last scout campout without my son in attendance! While I was camping, Candace took the kids to Birch Bay and had a big bonfire on the beach.
  15. Watched as our preferred home went off the market before we were ready to make an offer.

That doesn't mention the regular things that we do around the house too. Last week I commented that the week seemed pretty calm and then proceeded to list something that was happening every night of the week. So if you wonder why we haven't posted anything, now you know.

4 comments:

DJCK incorporated said...

I think we got the canning info from somewhere, but you certainly have a busy household--maybe it might turn out kids as delightful as you!

Anonymous said...

Slacker.

A and C said...

Funny that my hubby updated for me cause I Was going to this afternoon as he was doing it! (It must have been slow at work) Instead I decided to clean 2 bathrooms and prepare for my presidency meeting tonight. Seeing that I wasn't home from 4-10pm, I am glad I did. Whew! I will post pics soon.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You have your house on the market?