Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life Happens

OK, I decided that since I really enjoy looking at my friends and families blogs I should update mine just in case they like to look at mine! We have had so much going on lately. Hopefully all the staying busy will keep us out of trouble!

Activities:

The beginning of Oct. Justin and Dad took a quick road trip to Utah and attended General Conference. They had tickets to the Sat. morning and Priesthood sessions. They were excited to have the opportunity to go to a BYU football game on Friday night too! Go Cougars!


They stayed at Carl and Devin's (thanks guys!) and even got to meet up with my bro. and nephew Ken and Brenden. The days were filled with activities and I had two tired boys when they got home.


Thanks Carl and Devin for the b-day cake and present!





Justin and Brenden in front of Pres. Hinckley's grave.

We celebrated Justin's birthday too this month! Yeah, he turned 12 and was ordained a Deacon. Thanks Moms and Dads for making the quick trip to participate in that. We love you!





The kids decorated Justin's room for him. Everyone was a little goofy and kept asking Justin, "Can I have your old one?" When he got a new wallet and ihome clock radio.

Darren loves to climb on the table. Apparently this day he was feeling a little bit fruity too!

This other picture? Oh he ate 2 markers. I was glad they were washable...and he only got one spot on the carpet! It is SO hard to keep my carpet clean/unspotted when trying to sell! Today I am cleaning it again! I will be so happy when this is over!






OK, enough of my lame picture formatting. This is what happens when I try to do a blog update with 2 toddlers at my feet.

Moving backwards and in no particular order, we had the 1st day of school. The house is quieter but I get to have Amanda home a few days a week because she is on an alternating schedule.

I love this pic because of Alex's face. He really wasn't happy to be starting school. He likes it now.

We went to Birch Bay and had a Bonfire...without Daddy. Beautiful evening and lots of fun.

AJ constantly shows us how cool he is

And he is a good brother during soccer games to take care of his little brother so we can watch his sisters.

Haven't got a good pic of Brit yet so here is Manda.
Darren learned how to swing all by himself! No he waits for no one and loves to be outside.

We also picked apples as a family at a nearby orchard. Had tons of fun and ended up driving to another farm and picked hazelnuts!


you could eat as many apples as you wanted in the orchard. We all ate at least one!
They even gave us carts to carry them back to the car. The kids took turns riding in and pushing. Twas a great day!

One Last Thing

Justin started cross country this year in middle school. He is doing great and I love to watch him run. His last meet he took more than a minute off his time! Great job Justin! His last meet is tomorrow.

Life is great. We have been pretty healthy so hope to avoid the big flus and colds that are quickly spreading. Make it a great day!

5 comments:

DJCK incorporated said...

Go Justin! He looks like a cross country runner, doesn't he? Is he doing long runs? How long? Cool. Must be a Williams trait, cause as a rule McCains make better basketball players than runners(Back off, Dave, Heather, and Laurel--I mean back in the day)

McCain Family said...

These are such fun pictures. Darren is getting so big!

I agree with Dad about Justin looking like a cross country runner. That is awesome!

Marc and Marie Johnson said...

I'm with you...I love to read everyone's blogs but do poorly at keeping up my own! I can't believe Justin is 12! Glad life is going well for ya'll!

Annette said...

yay for a new post! I can't believe either how big the kids are... all SO cute though!

Ratchfords said...

So excited to see a new post! What's up with the house being for sale?