Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

It is that fantastic time of year where we decapitate gourds, scoops out their guts, and free the images that are trying to get out. This year we had to contend with Darren who had no problem sticking his hands in the guts and smearing it all around the table top. We gave up trying to keep the kid off the table top and just accepted that it was easier to control him if he had his hands wrist deep in the goo.

Here are the final products of the evening. I love digital photography that allows me to take 30 shots in the dark until I find a picture that I like. From left to right: Darren's, Alex's, Amanda's (up), Aaron's, Justin's, and Brittany's.


This year Justin went to a party instead of trick-or-treating and Darren stayed home. So here are the costumes minutes before we walked out the door. The weather was supposed to be rainy and windy, but we had a moderate evening with a clear sky. What a blessing! No extra fat coats stuffed beneath costumes were required! We walked until our legs were tired and came home for an evening of swapping chocolate. Let the sugar rush begin!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures in the costumes. Tough Brit, Tough Alex, Sweet Mandy with the big smile.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

your pumpkins are awesome - as always!

Annette said...

I L O V E the costumes!! So cute. Looks like they had a blast. I've got to get mine off the camera and into the computer.

McCain Family said...

Oops, I just realized we have the same background for our blogs! great minds think alike I guess!

Cute post with the kids in their costumes and great job on the pumpkins. I love that Justin is at the age of parties now. Too Cool for costumes, eh? haha just kidding!

Love ya!

Mel said...

So fun! I love those Jack-O-Lanterns. They are so good.