Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun in the Sun...or not!

We waited so long to do Brittany's birthday party that we decided to change it into a celebrate summer party. The plans were made and the invitations were sent. We had plans to do a pinata, slip n slide, make ice cream and possibly even karaoke. However, mother nature doesn't always cooperate (especially in the northwest). I just may give up with summer...that is the 2nd summer party I planned that it rained on.

We played the chocolate candy bar game...

We tye dyed T-shirts. I was so worried about the 10 girls not spilling dye on my floor and walls that I forgot to take pictures of the actual tye dying. This is when we were done and the best part is that we remained stain free.

Brittany and I made this cool sun pinata. Too bad the sun wasn't shining. At least it dried out alittle so we could go outside to do the pinata and didn't have to do it in the garage.

The finished product! It was really fun and from what I could tell, the girls had a great time.

2 comments:

Carl said...

Isn't that so rude of the sun to not peak his head out. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest! Looks like you all still had a great time though. Was to improvise!

VegasWatkins said...

Tye Dye inside you are a brave woman. We long for the rain down here especially right now!