Friday, September 12, 2008

I may be late but....

I know I slacked on posting the first day of school stuff but it's not like I have been watching soaps and eating bon bons. I have been working in the garden, canning peaches (25 quarts by myself with a 4 month old is no small feat), mowing lawns, paying bills, doing my primary calling, waiting for my garage shelves to be built, going to Bellingham every day (3 times on Thursday), wondering how Laurel can have an empty shelf in her fridge door, and trying to get to bed before midnight with usually only minutes to spare. Life is good and keeps getting better. Here are a few cute pics of my four month old who is at the top of the charts at 17 lbs and 27 inches long. He loves going on walks in the morning and afternoon to walk kids to and from school. This week his morning nap was in the stroller and seems to work out pretty well.

Darren loves to "drink" out of my water bottle. I know this pic isn't that great but whenever I take a drink he reaches for it and gets frustrated if I don't let him have some.


He has started rolling over to get things and only fallen off the couch twice this week! Guess we can't put him on it anymore (once Amanda was right by him and turned away. I was close by but not close enough apparently).

My favorite pic. I love his foot in his hands. He is just trying to show off his flexibility.

5 comments:

Ratchfords said...

What a great smile! I love the first day of school pictures - good idea to hold up fingers to show what grade they're in. We're hoping to make it over to Wednesday playgroup one of these days - hope to see you there!

ArizonaLewis said...

Oh man, what a cutie! I can't believe you know how to can. You are the ultimate Domestic Goddess.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I knew I was opening a can of worms showing my fridge - we always need milk!!

Marcy M Miller said...

Hey, I saw your blog on the side of Jeff and Andrea's, you are super busy, I can't imagine taking care of 5 children and everything else. Congrats on baby, I had no idea. I'm glad you guys are doing good, you have such a cute family.

The Bowldens said...

he is so adorable!!! he has such an awesome smile that just makes you smile.