Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Traditions....

Last year we went with our friends (the Pringles) on a few hikes for Labor Day. The weather wasn't great but we had fun. This year we went again with the Pringles on a geocaching adventure for Labor Day. Again, the weather wasn't great (a theme this summer) and had a great time...that is until the bee stings. Alex and Nathan were off the trail cache hunting when he started screaming. We thought he touched some stinging nettle. When he got to me, I realized there were bees on him. They were under his shirt and in his coat. It took a few minutes and he walked away with 4 stings! He was stung on his thumb, which swelled pretty good, his back and twice on his tummy. Nathan ended up with 5 or 6, his Dad got one and so did his mom. I got one on my finger and it hurt! Today it itches like crazy. Needless to say, those boys were ready to call it quits and NEVER return to that park again!



After a bribe of ice cream and watching "Annie" in the car (that is the only video we had with us), all was allright. All in all, it was a fun day and we're glad that no one is allergic to bees!

Here is my handsome 4 month old. It is hard to believe that he is already that old--well tomorrow is the official day. Anyway, he is growing quickly and gets mad at us if we are eating a meal and he doesn't get to partake. Today I offered him some little bites of bananas and he loved it. I guess I should get the high chair out and give him some rice cereal. They grow so quickly.

3 comments:

Ratchfords said...

Holy cow - I can't believe how big Darren is! They grow way too fast! The kids and I love looking at your blog. We'll have to get together for a real playdate sometime!

Carl said...

Looks like it was a good thing that Uncle Carl wasn't with you. That could have been real trouble. Darren looks a lot like Aaron in that picture. They have the exact same eyes.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

He's so big!