Wednesday, January 7, 2009

OK, OK, I will post Christmas

With all the projects, freezing cold weather, preparing for Christmas, visiting family for New Years, I have neglected a lot of stuff. I finally took the pictures off the camera and put them on the computer. That is step 1. Aaron and I even started our Christmas letter! We haven't given up yet, just are really really slow.

Before Christmas we had to set up our train. Alex begs for this every year and it is kind of a fun tradition.


We also kind of have created a tradition of having fondue at Christmas time. I have a hard time making it for just ourselves so we have invited our friends, the Pringles, over for the last 2 years. This year was swiss cheese fondue and chocolate. Yummy!


I just like this picture! Darren is such a sweetheart. He is so easy going and smiles at anyone. He loves to laugh and is happy. Our home wouldn't be the same without him!

Last year I let the kids open up a present before bed. I had made them all pajamas and they loved that tradition. I wasn't going to do it this year because I didn't eve dust off my sewing machine but we found a great sale and bought the kids all pajama bottoms. They were so silly and goofy and fun. For me, my kids is what makes Christmas so much more meaningful.


We had Christmas at home and woke up to it snowing...again. It was beautiful and I think that was my first official white Christmas. I loved watching the snow fall as we were opening gifts. The kids were so much fun and Amanda couldn't wait to dive into her pile of presents.


I was a great day. Aaron and I spent the whole day playing with our kids. It was so fun for all of us.

Amanda received a little cooking set with some cookie cutters, a rolling pin, measuring spoons and even a little pan that can actually go in the oven! Of course we had to make cookies! She was so much fun.

Do you love my new sweater my husband gave me? He has such good taste.

They day flew by and no one ever got bored. I love my family and this time of year.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Great pictures and posts. I especially love the overhead picture of Christmas morning. Looks like you guys had a great holiday.