Monday, January 26, 2009

hmmm, fairies

Some of my children are more mischievous than others but I think Amanda has them all beat. Things have gone missing lately and Amanda seems to always know where they are. Last week the Wii remote was on the desk and later that day it was gone. After looking and looking, I asked if she knew where it was since she had been playing computer. She got a sly smile on her face and "found" it under the desk in the back corner. Hmm. Apparently I am a slow learner because all last week I didn't know where my nintendo DS was. Saturday I pulled the couch out, was cleaning behind it and under cushions all in hopes of finding it. Amanda asked what I was doing and I told her I was cleaning but also looking for my DS. I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't find it. She came running in a moment later with my DS wrapped in a bandana. She told me that the fairies had taken it and she found it. Well, after I finished my last blog post, I had left the memory card in the computer because I hadn't finished transferring pictures. When I sat down later to do it, the card was gone. I couldn't find it in the camera or computer and I NEVER leave it out. Today I asked if anyone had seen the memory card for the camera and again my sly little girl told me that she thought the fairies had taken it. I told her the fairies better get it or they will get a spanking on there behinds. "But the fairies are invisible, Mom, so you can't give them spankings but I will help them find it for you." Great. Only this time, the fairies seem to have misplaced the memory card and it hasn't turned up. SO, to make a long story shorter, if any of you fairies are reading this blog, I NEED MY MEMORY CARD! Please return it as soon as possible so I can finish what I started! I promise not to spank. I just want my card back.....and anything else you may have 'borrowed' from me.

4 comments:

Annette said...

ok, ok!! I admit it! I'm the fairy! I took the memory card. I'm holding it hostage til you come out and visit! :D ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Seriously, good luck! I hope the fairies are able to locate the lost card...

Anonymous said...

I think fairies taste like chicken.

Carl said...

Maybe it wasn't a fairy at all and is the "not me" character from Family Circus. That guy is always stealing our stuff.

Katy said...

Haha, that's very creative. Very convenient that only Amanda knows where they stash your stuff. But then, if Amanda didn't know where they were taking it all, then it would be just gone for good and the fairies would win. You're very fortunate to have her around to keep the fairies in line.